The Triton Swimming and Triathlon Team (TSTT) is a 501(c)3, U.S. Masters Swimming team located in the Los Angeles area. We practice in San Fernando and Sylmar regularly but also take trips to the ocean and nearby lakes. We compete in the Southern Pacific Masters Swimming (SPMS) division of USMS.
Whether your goal is to finish first or, maybe, just to finish, we can help make your next race less frantic and more focused. By training with a group of like-minded athletes our experienced coaching staff can help individuals of all skill levels to reach their unique goals. We cater to triathletes, open-water, and pool competitors. Competition is not required. Beginning swimmers are welcome and encouraged to join. If you can swim two laps in the pool, give us a try. Improvement is guaranteed!
We offer 2 free trial workouts!
Benefits of swimming…
- Increases circulation
- Increases flexibility
- Decreases blood pressure
- Activates more major muscle groups than any other exercise
- Aerobic and anaerobic
- Burns 500-1000 calories an hour
- Improves sleep
- And many more!
Benefits of a Triton membership…
- Improve your swimming technique (For experienced or beginning swimmers, practicing proper swimming technique promotes perpetual improvement, injury prevention, muscle and joint strengthening, and higher-efficiency equating to faster swims and greater endurance)
- Learn each of the 4-stroke disciplines (butterfly, backstroke, breastroke, and freestyle)
- Learn the basics of open-water swimming (including open-water pool workouts, drills to improve sighting, and semi-weekly ocean swims)
- Fine-tune aspects of race-technique (including starts, turns, open water starts, and pacing, these skills are necessary to piece together a successful race; if you are new to racing, this is a great way to learn more and build confidence)
- Train with like-minded athletes (we are a unique group of individuals with diverse swimming backgrounds; training with teammates adds extra motivation essential for your best performance)
- Improve your fitness-level (Even if you’re not a competitive swimmer, the health benefits of swimming are widely known. Swimming on a regular basis can improve many aspects of your life)
Members get access to…
- Daily morning & evening practices
- Extended weekend workouts
- Ocean and open-water swims
- Dryland sessions (including yoga, team runs, brick workouts, etc.)
- Specialized and individual coaching
- Private lesson discounts
Triton members also receive special sponsor discounts!